Well, it’s a lazy Saturday evening and I have a lot swimming through my head, so I thought I might share some of it here with you.
- I am thrilled with how our Welcome Week activities have gone at CCH. We had over 250 new students roll through various events, all designed to connect the students with God, with us, and with each other. Free food is where it’s at for these students.
- Tomorrow I preach at a little church in Highland, Kansas. Should be fun.
- My son, Simeon, is walking. Not just a step or two here and there, but he can walk. Not bad for a 9-month old.
- I am excited for a week’s worth of vacation coming up. We are headed to my parent’s house in Indianapolis. I’m excited to see my folks and my sister and her husband, and to meet their new son…my first nephew. And we will get to see some extended family as well. I haven’t seen my grandparents in 3 years or so…and I haven’t seen some aunts, uncles, and cousins in a couple years as well. We will eat and drink and play horseshoes.
- I am pretty excited about my Fantasy Football roster. Go PorkChops!
- I am also excited about the series of lessons we are going through at CCH. It’s called “rEVOLution.” Can you see the “love” in there?
- Northwest Missouri State University football is in full-swing. Keri and I have season tickets. Some of you may laugh, because it’s Division II. But these boys can play. Back-to-back National Championship trophies in 1998 and 1999 and back-t0-back appearances in the National Championship game in 2005 and 2006. Ranked #2 in the nation.
- I think I am going to begin taking some seminary courses around the first of the year. It may take me 10 years to complete, but I’m going to get my Master’s.
- Facebook has been an incredible tool for me in ministry these first few weeks of the school year. I will post in depth on this soon.
- I wish our house in Omaha would sell soon.
- But, we are loving living in “community” with these college students. I wasn’t sure how living in the campus house would go at first. But, we are having fun sharing tons of meals with starving college kids, our kids are having fun with all of them, and we are getting to minister in ways I never thought imaginable. I see God’s hand in the whole thing.
- I think the Cardinals are legitimate contenders for the National League pennant.