Here is the short version of a long story:
I was scheduled to take 6 students with me to Haiti in a little more than 3 weeks. If you haven’t been paying attention to the news, Haiti is experiencing a bit of civil unrest. The State Department has encouraged all Americans not to travel INTO Haiti and for Americans already there to get OUT of Haiti. The Embassy is not fully functional. After much prayer and wisdom-seeking, I have decided not to lead our group into Haiti.
Here is the thing: I have 6 willing students (and myself) who have a week off and non-refundable plane tickets. But, we have nowhere to go! It’s an awesome problem to have!
And here is where you come in:
Do you have recommendations for us of people or organizations who could use our help on such short notice? I will consider all suggestions.
The dates of our trip would be May 9-16/17. Please, post a comment or email me at: mynameisbrandon [at] gmail.com