i have found i am a guy who likes the in-between spaces. what i mean is, i don’t like being overly scheduled or rigid. i don’t like to-do lists that are prioritized with due dates. i don’t enjoy each day being meticulously planned out to the minute. i feel as though this rigidity stifles spontanaity and creativity.
at the same time, i don’t like having a completely blank page. i need some direction or the day (or year) will be wasted. i need a vision, even if it is not a map.
and so, my goals for 2012 are meant to be the vision. they give me the direction i need, without dictating to me every minute of every day. here they are:
- i plan on paying off my van loan in 2012 (nearly $6,000).
- i plan on posting regularly to this blog in 2012 (at least 3 times per week).
- i plan on writing at least 24 poems in 2012 (at least 2 per month).
- i plan on writing and publishing at least 4 articles in 2012 (at least 1 per quarter).
- i plan on reading at least 3 leadership books in 2012.
- i plan on intentionally “retreat-ing” for at least one day a month in 2012.
- i plan on working out each day after my shift at my part-time job at the local community center (2 to 3 times per week).
- i plan on “dating” each of my kids every month in 2012 (one kid every wednesday afternoon).
- i plan on romantically and creatively pursuing my wife in 2012.
so, there you have it.
now it’s your turn to share. what are your goals for 2012?